CTC Telecom, an Idaho-based Telecommunications Carrier and ISP is looking to fill a Field Technician role. As a Field Technician, you will be responsible for installations and on-premise support. This will be a full-time position.
Your initial job duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
CTC Telecom outside plant improvement and maintenance of telephone and Internet facilities.
Under the direction of the CTC technicians you will be involved with a pre-survey of job sites to determine needs concerning, equipment, materials, parts, and safety provisions
Assist in outside plant emergencies when called upon
Work with Outside Plant Manager to assure quality installation and that proper maintenance procedures are followed. This includes following all public safety precautions and all prescribed safety procedures that pertain to the job and related equipment
Install, maintain, and service telephone lines, cables, subscriber carrier systems, protectors, and pedestals; Diagnose and repair troubles in switching equipment and plant facility; perform splicing, termination, and transfers of service to new facility; place direct buried subscriber line drops using plowing, digging, and trenching equipment; and install central office feeder and distribution cable.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Outside plant construction including but not limited to installation of buried conduit, copper drop cable, and fiber optic cable, splicing fiber optic cables and installation of various types of equipment to deliver phone and Internet to CTC Telecom customers.
- Contact customers when necessary to repair facilities
- Preparations and cleanup of job site
- Promote a quality working environment with other technicians and customers
- Operation and maintenance of vehicles and equipment assigned to your area of responsibility
- Work with Outside Plant Technicians to facilitate all facets of installation, maintenance, and repair of CTC Telecom plant in the Boise Area subdivisions, the Boise Valley and surrounding area
- Assist in the Marketing efforts as a representative of CTC Telecom, Inc.
- After-hours support of subscribers and network per on-call schedule
- Perform building and grounds maintenance as required
- Maintain database records
- Customer premise wiring
- Be familiar with and follow company safety policies and procedures
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior fiber and copper cable experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- This position requires the ability to work a variable schedule.
- This position will require occasional travel.
- This position will require the passing of a drug screening test